Cole Hersee Co.
No more dead batteries!
The FlexMod electronic voltage sensing relay & timer monitors both battery voltage and ignition status, shutting down non-critical loads when the cutoff voltage is reached, or at the set time after the ignition is turned off. It is a timer and voltage sensor in one easy-to- connect unit.
Ideal for use in emergency vehicles, the unit senses both voltage and time; after the vehicle engine is turned off, if either the cutoff voltage or time limit is reached, the Voltage Sensing Relay & Timer FlexMod will shut down the auxiliary loads. The dual technology in package provides double protection.
The FlexMod electronic voltage sensing relay & timer opens up options for mounting in a small space, and simplifies wiring and other components.
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for emergency vehicles and many other applications
- Protects starting battery from being drained by auxiliary loads
- Compact design (4 x 3 x 1), and solid-state unit is waterproof, dustproof and vibration-proof. Mounts anywhere on a vehicle, even places where road-splash is a problem. Sealed to IP67 standard
- Preserves starting power; eliminates downtime and jump starts due to dead batteries. Simultaneous time and voltage sensing protects starting, even when the vehicle is running “in deficit”
- Monitors voltage and time simultaneously, providing double the protection to batteries. Battery will not be drained if battery voltage gets low before timer has run out.
- 10A rating means it can handle many loads directly or drive a relay or solenoid for higher amperage
- Unit is auto-ranging – senses 12 Vdc or 24 Vdc systems
- Unit can be used as-is, with factory-programmed presets, or can be programmed by dealers to a broad scale of values
Cole Hersee FlexMod Voltage Sensing Relay and Timer Series Specifications
|Voltage||12-24V DC (Auto Ranging)|
|Humidity||0 to 90% RH|
|Operating Temp||-40° to +85°C|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.0x2.70x1.31” (101.6x68.6x33.3mm)|
|Operating voltage (12V)||9V||12V||32V||Operating voltage is the system voltage|
|Factory Standard Disconnect Voltage (12V systems)||12.05V||12.1V||12.15V||When voltage drops below 12.1V, system activates the alarm for one min. and then disconnects loads|
|Factory Standard Disconnect Voltage (24V systems)||24.1V||24.2V||24.3V||When voltage drops below 24.2V, system activates the alarm for one min. and then disconnects loads|
|Quiescent Current||1mA||2mA||Circuit operating current|
|Load Current||10A||10A @ 85°C|
|Overcurrent Protection||15A||System will disconnect after 1 second of excessive current|
|Factory Standard Key-Off Timer||15 min||After key-off, unit will wait a set time before disconnecting|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40° to +85°C|
-40° to +185°F
|10A at 85°C|
|Ingress Protection||IP67||Per IEC 529|
|Humidity||0 to 90% RH|
|Vibration||10-500Hz||Per SAE J1455|
|Shock||Per SAE J1455|
|Thermal Shock||Per SAE J1455|
|Inductive Transient||+/- 600V||Per SAE J1455|
|Load Dump||+150V||Per SAE J1455|
Applications: Heavy-duty mining and construction vehicles, emergency vehicles, off-road vehicles
Width: 4.0" (101.6 mm), Height: 2.70" (68.6 mm), Depth: 1.31" (33.3 mm)
Voltage Sensing Relay and Timer Unit, Blue Thermoplastic, 10A, 32V DC
Voltage Sensing Relay and Timer Unit with 12805 Harness, Blue Thermoplastic, 10A, 32V DC
Dealer-programmable Voltage Sensing Relay and Timer Unit, Blue Thermoplastic, 10A, 24V DC