All-in-one Safety System Integrates Vision with Active Blind Spot Detection
PreView Plus provides operators with a heavy duty, all-in-one safety system. By integrating a camera and monitor with Preco’s patented Sentry radar sensor, operators have a single solution for active blind spot monitoring. PreView Plus supports up to 4 cameras and 24 sensors for 360° vehicle coverage.
Deutsch or Conxall Connectors – Which system is right for you?
PreView Plus comes with either heavy-duty Deutsch connectors or medium-duty Conxall connectors to allow you to integrate easily with the latest PreView Radar family of sensors, providing direct connection from the sensor to the camera to the monitor. The end result is a single-system solution for your active blind spot detection and visual clarification needs. Contact your local APS representative to discuss how we can tailor a solution to meet your needs.
PreView Plus with Deutsch Connectors
The PreView Plus Deutsch Kit is a plug-and-play heavy-duty radar solution with a pre-configured sensor range. This would be suitable for heavy-duty applications such as heavy vehicles and machinery in mining and construction (e.g. haul trucks, dozers, wheel loaders, excavators, etc).
Includes: Heavy-duty FMCW 24GHz Sentry radar, PreView Plus 7” monitor, 1 camera, 18m / 59’ body harness, 9m / 30’ heavy-duty body harness with Deutsch connectors, 90° sensor mounting bracket.
PreView Plus with Conxall Connectors
The PreView Plus Conxall Kit is a plug-and-play medium-duty radar solution with a pre-configured sensor range. This would be suitable for medium-duty applications such as material handling applications (e.g. forklift and telehandlers) to service and utility trucks.
Includes: Heavy-duty FMCW 24GHz Sentry radar, PreView Plus 7” monitor, 1 camera with 18m / 59’ body harness, 7.5m / 25’ body harness with Conxall connectors, 90° sensor mounting bracket.
Preview® Plus Features & Benefits ▲
- All-in-one blind spot detection, active warning & visual clarification
- Combines best in class active blind spot detection radar with visual clarification camera and in-cab monitor
- Automatically switches to single screen view where detection occurs (multi-sensor and camera configuration)
- Connect directly to up to 24 PreView Sentry radar sensors
- Color coded indicators overlay on screen to give operator approximate distance information
- Audible alert can be acknowledged by operator with a simple press of a button on the monitor
- Provides single point of focus for driver by integrating detection indicators directly on to the monitor.
- Supports up to 4 cameras/views and 24 sensors for 3600 blind spot coverage
- Monitor’s menu buttons simplify pairing sensors with a camera
- The driver has the ability to silence the audible alert by pressing a key on the monitor panel. This allows the driver to visually clarify the object is not a threat and silence the alert so it won’t become an annoyance.
- When the vehicle is put into reverse, the monitor will switch to full screen showing only the rear camera view (regardless of any detections on other sensors).
PreView® Plus Videos ▲
PreView® Plus Specifications ▲
|Programmable Detection Range||0 - 30m (0 - 98′)|
|Programmable Detection Width||2 - 60m (6.5 - 197')|
|Transmitter Frequency||24 - 24.25 GHz|
|Current Draw||< 0.25A|
|Vibration||25G, random, all three axis|
|Compliance||Meets rugged J1455 specs|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Detection Pattern||Fixed (based on model number)|
|Target Detection Time||300ms|
|Azimuth Field of View||±75 degrees (10 dBsm target)|
|Elevation Field of View||±10 degrees (10 dBsm target)|
|Velocity Range||± 9 m/sec (± 20 mph)|
|Velocity Accuracy||0.2m/sec (0.5 mph)|
|Target Resolution||1.4m for static targets, approaching 0.3 m for dynamic targets|
|Cycle Time||120ms (A CAN bus target message is provided in every cycle)|
|J1939 CAN Bus||250 Kbits/sec, terminated with 120 ohm resistor|
|LED Interface||Switch to ground, sink up to 1A, over current protected|
|Polarity||Reverse polarity and over-voltage protected|
|Housing (sensor)||Polycarbonate radome|
|Sensor Mount||Four 0.22" (5.6mm) diameter mounting holes|
|Sensor Weight||1.0 lb (0.45 kg)|
|Sensor Dimensions (DxWxH)||1.28x4.9x4.06" (3.25x12.4x10.3mm)|
PreView® Plus Specifications Flyer (PDF) ▲
Applications: Heavy equipment, mining, construction, road and utility equipment, forestry, agriculture